Well hello there!

Amanda C.

Women’s Group Facilitator
Staff member
I’m Amanda, diagnosed Type 1 May 2019, after a 15 month manic episode, triggered by losing several family members.
I quickly figured out that I should use my super power energy for good, not evil.
So I started the Glen Waverley Women’s Support group and I am a active committee member of Bipolar Life Vic.
I am a multi faceted complicated human, with sides to me most people don’t see.
I love collecting Tiffany jewellery, Clothes shopping, building LEGO with my husband, serial killers, board games and for Mothers Day this year I got
Matchbox cars!!
I’ve started to really accept my Bipolar and it sits well with me 😀🌈

Amanda C.

Women’s Group Facilitator
Staff member
I read too quickly first time and thought you built lego with serial killers :ROFLMAO:, I thought, well that's good to keep them busy.
They would be less murdery that way, ooh look a vulnerable young woman, oh hold up time to build the Taj Mahal instead !! 😂🤣

Ash45

I was diagnosed with Bipolar 2 and generalised anxiety disorder in 2010. Ten years on, each time I live through an episode of hypomania or major depression there is more to learn and understand. I work hard to be stable and live well with a mental health diagnosis. But it’s not easy. Every day is like living aboard a sailboat, constantly adjusting my balance. Sometimes the adjustments required are quite subtle, other times the going is rough, and I have to re-think my strategies and seek assistance from trusted friends, family and practitioners. I’d appreciate being able to chat back and forth from time to time with others who live with Bipolar. Many thanks.

Reactions: Sue

Melissa

Thanks for your words Ash. I've been connecting to people through this network for 11ish months. And your message about keeping a boat balanced reminded me of how great it is to learn more from others experiencing it, and that assurity that comes from this. I don't feel so alone on this journey. I feel less (trigger earning) crazy/bonkers.... and appreciate my neuro-diversity more. I am getting more used to the low moods and low energy and not judging myself for it.... its just part of this illness that I have

Reactions: Sue