Bipolar Life Victoria

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You'll also gain access to "member only" content.

The Serequel Diet

Wes

Staff member
I heard you could gain weight on Serequel.
I worked really hard at staying in the gym and watching what I eat. For 2 years.
I gained slowly over that time.
When I got really ill, i gained 40-50 kg over the next 2 years.
Now I am struggling to lose it.
Yay :confused:

Harry

I've been on Seroquel for almost 2 years and I definitely noticed a few kilos of weight gain at first.
It wasn't too severe for me because I'm a pretty skinny guy.
I was going to the gym regularly to combat it before restrictions and that worked well for me.

Wes

Staff member
The gym helped me for a while, but as soon as I stopped, I exploded :sadsigh:
Ahh well. Have started moving again...

GlenM

Yeah, seroquel is terrible for weight. I've been through the gamut of medications and seroquel is one of only a few I've stopped due to side effects. When I got up to 100mg I was so fucking hungry all the time and said that's it for trying a mood stabilisation dose. I take it at 25mg for sleep. Depression makes it hard to keep the weight down let alone adding seroquel.
I hope you have success with the weight loss, Wes. I also need to lose weight. I'm a veteran of both gaining and losing weight. It can be done!