Bipolar Life Victoria

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You'll also gain access to "member only" content.

Happened to have picked a good one!

Amanda C.

Staff member
I started seeing a psychologist after experiencing 3 traumatic events in a short period of time.
I needed help processing death and trauma.
Over the following 6 months, I guess she observed traits of Bipolar.
It wasn’t until I had a violent meltdown, that she told my husband, who came along for that visit that she suspected I had Bipolar.
I am thankful to her, as she was able to get me into a psychiatrist with the help of my GP very quickly.
Psychologists are helpful with strategies to assist people with techniques that can complement medication.
I am not seeing a psychologist currently.
My psychiatrist and I have a great rapport and we talk openly about how I’m coping in general.
During a 3 week admission last year I completed daily group psychology sessions, in regards to my Bipolar, I found it ineffective as there was literally no assistance for mania and very little for rumination.
Overall, it has its place, but it‘s effectiveness varies greatly.
:)