Bipolar Life Victoria

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You'll also gain access to "member only" content.

Depression During Covid-19

Wes

Staff member
This one was about depression, and dealing with Covid-19
Was very interesting.
Well worth it (y)

GlenM

I thought it was really good. It's the first of their seminars I've watched but might look at more of them.

I liked what they said about behavioural activation. Try to do the things that you would normally enjoy or give you a sense of accomplishment and be consistent with it, but also be gentle with how much you're able to do at the moment and acknowledge that it might be hard and it's ok if it doesn't help much at first. It's much more likely to help with depression than being inactive and not doing anything, which may be fine to do for days but not weeks. I've found that doing what they say helps with my depression and doing exercise and a few other things, but not things that make me stressed, is helping at the moment.

GlenM

The video for this and previous seminars can be found at this link

#TalkBD 7 - Work & Bipolar Disorder | CREST.BD
Join us June 17th (18th in Australia!) for #TalkBD 7 - Work & Bipolar Disorder. At this online community gathering, we'll be talking about the return to work, adjustments in work lives, and how bipolar disorder factors into it all.

Wes

Staff member
I have been doing this for a while now.
Even when my depression is at its worst, just doing one thing (something small and easy, like do the dishes) makes me feel like I achieved something.
Just keep your goals small, and your expectations low. You wont feel great straight away, but you can chip away at the depression.
Just keep fighting (y)