Bipolar Carers Support Group (face to face) Thursday, 01/04/2021 (MHFA - South Yarra)

Matt

Bipolar Carers Support Group Facilitator
Staff member
This group is open to carers, partners, family and friends of loved ones who have Bipolar Disorder.

** It is important to register to attend the group, please register here - MHFA

Mental Health Foundation Australia (MHFA)
Suite J, 450 Chapel Street
South Yarra, Vic 3141
*NOTE - Enter via Wilson Street down side of building off Chapel Street

FACE TO FACE DATES 2021: (1st Thursday of each month except January 07:00pm - 08:30pm)

01st April '21
06th May '21
03rd June '21
01st July '21
05th August '21
02nd September '21
07th October '21
04th November '21
02nd December '21

This support group is about meeting your needs as a carer of a loved one with Bipolar Disorder and I am open to being flexible in regards to the structure and how the meetings are conducted.

Meetings may include;

- Providing Peer Support to one another through sharing stories and experiences
- Sharing of useful information on Bipolar Disorder (websites, books, factsheets, etc)
- Self care (managing own wellbeing and health)
- Information on Carer Support Services
- Various Bipolar Disorder Topics including strategies for helping loved ones with their Bipolar Disorder
- Guest Speakers (including psychiatrists/psychologists who are experts on Bipolar, Carers Victoria, Tandem - peak body in Victoria for Mental Health Carers), Psychotropic Advisory Service - expert on psychiatric medications, Understanding NDIS, navigating the mental health system and more.

Bipolar Life also have a collection of books about Bipolar Disorder that can be borrowed at "face to face" meetings in the future. Some are more text book style with information about Bipolar Disorder where as other book are real life stories of people in the community who have Bipolar Disorder both here in Australia and overseas.

In the meantime good information about Bipolar Disorder can be found under the RESOURCES section of the Bipolar Life website (www.bipolarlife.org.au)

There is also a FORUMS section which includes a CARERS section which I will be posting information on in the near future. Feel free to register and start talking with other Carers who have a loved one who has Bipolar Disorder;
https://www.bipolarlifeforum.org.au

I have worked in the Mental Health sector, mainly in the community for Not For Profit organisations for over 17 years. My last role at Mind Australia included providing support to family and carers of people in the community who have a mental illness. I did this role for over four and a half years.

If you have any questions about the Bipolar Carers Support Group or Bipolar Life please feel free to send me an email ([email protected])

Matt Dale (Bipolar Carers Support Group)
Bipolar Life

Phone enquiries (Wes): 0499 790 250
Email: [email protected]
Web www.bipolarlife.org.au

Matt

Staff member
Hi everyone,

I hope that you are all having a good week and enjoying this beautiful Autumn sunshine?

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE GROUP THIS THURSDAY, 01ST APRIL HAS NOW BEEN CHANGED TO A ZOOM ONLINE ONLINE. FROM MAY ALL MEETINGS WILL BE "FACE TO FACE". SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.

This group is open to carers, partners, family and friends of loved ones who have Bipolar Disorder.

** It is important to register to attend the group, please register here - MHFA

Mental Health Foundation Australia (MHFA)
Suite J, 450 Chapel Street
South Yarra, Vic 3141
*NOTE - Enter via Wilson Street down side of building off Chapel Street

FACE TO FACE DATES 2021: (1st Thursday of each month except January 07:00pm - 08:30pm)

06th May '21
03rd June '21
01st July '21
05th August '21
02nd September '21
07th October '21
04th November '21
02nd December '21

This support group is about meeting your needs as a carer of a loved one with Bipolar Disorder and I am open to being flexible in regards to the structure and how the meetings are conducted.

Matt

Staff member
A non-event.
I turned up at 6.50 and waited until 7.15 - no-one else showed up.

What happened ?
Unfortunately this meeting was changed by the Mental Health Foundation Australia to Zoom online being the night before the Easter long weekend. A reminder was sent out to all "Registered Family and Carers" providing the Zoom link and notifying not "face to face".

Next meeting on 06th May will be "face to face" I am sorry for any inconvenience.